Thursday, July 15, 2004

Welcome! to ... A Good Place to Stick Around

When the phone rings, I know what to expect: "Now that you're retired and have some time, how about ... . "

People -- even close friends -- do not know that I have a life. It is a result of my doing. Something. Just what I am unsure but I think it is because I am generally in good spirits and fine fettle, and that I take time for them when we are together. I like it that way, I like me that way. If I have to take a moment to reschedule my own doings, fair enough -- I'll take the time. That is not an invitation to teleport additional items for the To Do list into my life.


3 findamentals of retirement planning

Get a job.
Show up.
Consistently retrain and expand horizons.
Plan for premature departure from the job.
Do the job well as long as you are at it.
Plan for project/s upon retirement.
Know when to leave.
Depart cheerfully, with gratitude.
Adjust to new circumstances.
Get a job or retire.
Begin project/s.
Live joyfully.
Let others know what you have learned.
Show up.
Complete one thing at a time.
Please your spouse, your children, your friends.
Meet new people all the time.
Stick around.
Be glad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home